LA Commons is partnering with KAOS Network to produce the 6th Annual Day of the Ancestors: Festival of Masks in Leimert Park. The festival is inspired by West African and Diaspora mask and procession traditions and is an opportunity for community members of all ages to: honor ancestors, create art in response to issues facing the community, and celebrate living culture. Youth and community workshops take place in May and June. The project culminates with a procession and festival in Leimert Park, Sunday, June 26, 2016.
The Role of the Lead Visual Artist
1. Attend meetings and participate in story/image design process for the procession with the artistic team.
2. Lead the design and development of one section of the procession incorporating visuals, movement and music.
3. Teach weekly workshops for the Core Youth Arts Team to further youth in the development of skills in image making and design.
4. Create models of costumes/ masks, etc. that will inspire the community workshops.
5. Create final artworks and facilitate work with youth and community to create procession section.
6. Coordinate with sound and movement for the procession.
7. Collaborate with Team and Community Arts Director to support the creation of cohesive visual messaging for the procession/
March Orientation and story boarding session
April Two project planning meetings
May Workshops Thursdays 4-6pm and Saturdays 2-4pm
June Workshops Thursdays 4-6pm and Saturdays 2-4pm
Rehearsal Thursday, June 23 6pm
Event Sunday, June 26 11am-6pm
• Experience in visual and public arts.
• Experience leading workshops and working with youth and community.
• Familiarity and experience with arts and cultural traditions of West Africa, or the Diaspora
• Interest and experience in collaborative process
$1500 stipend for each artist will be payable in thirds at the beginning, middle and conclusion of the project.
Please submit these materials via email:
• Current resume and contact information
• 7-10 Work Samples via email or web links
• Artist statement addressing why you are interested in this project
Please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
L.A. Commons, a project of Community Partners, works in neighborhoods throughout Los Angeles, facilitating artistic processes, open to all, that result in highly visible public art projects that tell dynamic neighborhood stories. L.A. Commons builds community by validating the importance of local narratives, enhancing the sense of belonging felt by a broad range of stakeholders and encouraging stronger ties between the people and places of Los Angeles.
Funding for this event is made possible through funding from the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, and the Community Foundations and its Preparing Achievers for Tomorrow (PAT) program.
People in Australia purchase more medications per human than any other place. The availability of remedies marketed by companies is definitely a contributing factor to prescription medicament abuse epidemic. This is a fastest way to purchase remedies. Let’s find answers to certain questions about the question. Several medicines are used to prevent pneumonia in folk with weak immune systems caused by bone marrow transplant. Millions of humanity buy online such medications like Cialis. A lot of young men know about generic cialis online. What soundness care providers talk about buy cialis online? Also known as erectile disfunction is defined as the inability to maintain an erection suitable for intercourse. Young men with sexual disorders need professional help. Mostly in this situation, cognitive behavioral therapy is the treatment used. Several common medications can mean screwing with your sex drive. Mercifully, most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable, so it is substantial to share your concerns with your partner and pharmacist. Now, there are variant options for those ones who suffer from such soundness problem. Along with their good effects, most drugs, even so, have dangerous aftereffects although typically not everyone experiences them. If you experience any other symptoms which you think may be due to this medicine, discuss with your physician.